Sunday, July 17, 2011

Some really cool trail camera photos

I got an opportunity to check my camera this past thursday evening and man was I happy to see what was on it. I had about 90 pictures and 80 of them were of bucks. A few small bucks but a few really good looking deer, especially considering its July.
However, what I am most excited about is I can show you all a deer I have named "Peeping Tom." This is a buck that Julie and I saw 3x in 2 days last January when we were down on the farm house sitting and baby sitting. It was when we had 2 feet of snow on the ground and it was getting down to -10 degrees at night. The food was scarce and the deer were coming up to the house to eat the landscape. Julie woke me up at 3 am to tell me some deer were outside, we did not expect to be able to see "Peeping Tom" and "Sanctuary" only 10 feet outside the windows. It was an experience we won't soon forget. Fast forward to this past spring and the farmer who farms Barry's property road over this deers shed and punctured his tire.
So anyway, take a look at some of the better pictures below and you won't have any problem telling which one is Peeping Tom. He is a wide 10 point for sure, thats what he sported last year and if you look close you can see he has started his G3's already. When I looked at the shed the farmer road over I could see he might grow g4's this year making him a 12pt. Even if he doesnt he is one heck of a big deer for around there.


This one looks to have pretty good mass at his bases.


Hard to tell on this one but he looks pretty good to.




I got quite a few pictures of this guy and I want to get some more because it looks like there is a lot of mass at his base so I am curious what happens with him.




Same thing with this guy. He seems to have a really good start. I would say an 8pt for sure.







The next two are the same deer. I only have profile pictures of this one but he looks pretty good to.



Nice looking picture here. Not to shabby buck either.


This is a really nice looking deer. It looks like he has a way to go too.






Well hi there. Both of these guys have a good start. Really exciting to see two like this.


This is a bad picture but I am pretty sure this is a deer I call Santcuary.




Here is Peeping Tom. If this doesnt get your blood flowing I don't know what would. I actually got about 7 pictures of him and he gave me a all good angles, I hope he stays around and if he does I have a really good idea where he will be.



This shows his width. Notice how much longer his right brow tine is.


This is the angle that you can really see what is going on. I would say his g2's are done and g3's are just started (especially on his left side) and there is pretty good mass at the ends yet which I believe will be his g4's. Making him a 12pt.

So now you can see why I/we are pretty geeked for this year. I will give the camera a couple weeks and see what happens but this is a really good start.































No comments:

Post a Comment