Tuesday, July 12, 2011

June Trail Camera Pictures

Well it is that time of year again. Actually I had my camera out early June already. With the lifting of the baiting ban it will be cool to have a mineral block out and see who shows up. I have already had some good signs as you can see below. One word of advice I can give is if you put a camera out make sure you account for the fact that not everything has grown up yet. When I put my camera out in early june a lot of the weeds and trees were not fully grown yet. You will notice the branch in the screen. It got leaves and dropped into the view of my camera so I got about 150 pictures of it whenever the wind blew it. So when I checked the card last Jacob and I did some major clearing of the tall weeds and that branch. So the July pictures should be much better. July and August are the big months for antler growth so the next couple posts should be much better pictures.


However, I was able to get about 60 pictures of deer though in June which is much better than I normally do. As you can see below some of them are really starting to grow already. Its hard for me to tell now if any of these are any of the bucks I am looking for, namely "peeping tom" and "sanctuary" but the one in the first, second, and last pictures seems to be a really nice size bodied deer. The bases of the antlers just don't seem that big so I don't think its either of them. Like I said earlier its really hard for me to tell at this stage who is who. Hopefully, in a couple weeks I will have some pictures of one or both of those deer.





Anyway, I posted some of the better pictures below.































































No comments:

Post a Comment