Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Got my mount back from my 9pt I shot last year.

Like the title says I was able to get my mount back yesterday.  It seems like such a long time, almost a year.  I was really happy though.  I had her do a semi aggressive pose (notice the ears are back) because he was just a bad mean looking buck.  When he came in he had a walk like he owned the place and I could just tell he was the dominent buck in the area.  In fact the big 9pt I have been dreaming and obsessing about had a busted g3 last winter and it just makes me wonder if this buck was the culprit.  Also, when this buck was gone that big 9pt started showing up much more often and has stuck around thus all the summertime photos and videos.  So I am thinking he took this bucks place.  I hope!! 
The other feature I wanted to show off was his body size and his neck and I really think she did a great job doing that.  I should put a picture up with this deer next to the 10pt I shot in 2010 at my mom's.  The size difference between a 2 year old and this 3 year old deer is unreal.  Its hard to imagine but the big 9pt we are after right now is one year older and has about 20-25 more inches of antler, maybe more, thus the obsession with getting a crack at that deer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment