Friday, November 23, 2012

Wrapping up my 9 pt

I wanted to post one more post about my buck I shot.  I don't want to act like I am bragging but I am very proud of this deer so I will post one more post about him and then its on to the next one hopefully.  I did weigh him at the processor and he weighed 190lbs dressed.  That would put him around 225lbs live weight.  When I first looked at him my thoughts were that he was a 3 year old deer based on his antlers but my good friend Ross, who knows a little about deer and deer hunting, said that its possible he is 4 or 5 and just doesn't have the best genetics when it comes to his rack.  He said that he is pretty big body-wise to be a 3 year old.  Either way I am so happy to have gotten him. 

Here are more pictures of him that my father in law took of the recovery. 










This is going to close the chapter on this deer.  I again want to thank everyone for helping out with him.  Now its on to try to harvest one of the deer off our hit list this year, technically this one wasn't because I had no photos of him.  I see a lot of venison and a taxidermy bill in our future but that is why we do it right?

No comments:

Post a Comment