Sunday, September 9, 2012

Hard Horned Bucks!!

Yesterday (Sat. Sept. 8) we had to put our dog of 12 years, Cooper down.  It was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do, much harder than I thought it would be.  I guess you don't realize how much of a part of your life they are until it comes time to make the decision to put them down.  He was part of our family vacations up north, numerous hunting trips, he was there while our boys grew up and many other memories.  We are going to miss him a lot.

So that was how I started my day.  Then in the afternoon we did drive down to Gobles to do some work around the farm.  We were unsure of going down but it really was good medicine, just to kind of get our minds off of things.  I was also able to finish clearing shooting lanes around the rest of my stands down there.  I know I am late but its been one of those summers.  

I was also hoping to get some pictures of some hard horned bucks this past week and I was not disappointed.

I believe I got two different shooters.  I will let you be the judge.

The first one I know for sure because his picture was so clear.

This is the buck I have video of 3-4 weeks ago bullying a smaller buck over my minerals.  He didn't really lose a lot when he lost his velvet.  

Here is his picture:

Here is the video:

Here is the picture of the deer I think is different its hard to tell because the picture got blurred.  It might big the big 8 that I have a ton of videos and pictures of.

Here is the picture I got:


Here one of the videos of the big 8


The reason I question if it is the same deer you can see in the picture the left side g2 looks taller you can see in the video the big 8's right side g2 is quite a bit taller than the right.  But with the picture being so blurry it really is hard to say.

I put some apples out in front of this camera to get them to stop so hopefully I get some better pictures this week.  The good news is both these deer are going to and coming from the sanctuary and using the treeline I planned on them using.  I actually have 4 stands covering different parts of this tree line.  So we will see.











No comments:

Post a Comment