Saturday, February 4, 2012

Winter Pictures

2 Weeks ago I put out two cameras and some BB2, which is a mineral mix that you poor out and it has some corn mixed in as well. You can see it in the photos. Today, Satureday, I checked both cameras. The one camera had about 8 pictures of deer but nothing to serious just some does. The BB2 was just about like I had left it 2 weeks ago. Then we checked the other camera where I had put the BB2 in the pines. What a difference. I had 162 pictures and the BB2 was gone. After looking at the pictures I found out why. The turkeys found it and they put a serious hurting on it. However, I was able to get some bucks on camera and one of which is new. I really don't think I have seen him or have any pics of him. It looks like he is a really good 9pt.


Group of Jakes going to town.
That is a nice beard on the bird to the right.

Two strutters.

This gets me excited for spring!

The deer were getting in on the action also, here is a group of does. This is a later picture look at what the "pile" of BB2 looks like compared to the picture above.

This is a picture after the snow we had last Sunday. This little buck is go after it through the snow.

Nice little buck here. It actually looks like he might have the start of a drop tine on his left side. It also could be the snow in the back ground. A guy can dream though right?

Here is the big 9pt I mentioned above. Those are some really good g2's and g3's on his right side. The left side almost looks like something might of happened in velvet or it could just be the angle of the picture. Either way I hope to see him again.

The boys and I did do some quick checking around for some antlers but no such luck. It is really early so I didn't expect much. My plan is to check back in 3 weeks and see what is going on. I did replenish both spots. It was pretty obvious though they like the mineral station that was in the cover as apposed to the other which was not so much.















No comments:

Post a Comment