Monday, September 26, 2011

Knocking on the door

I cant believe its that time of year again. Man am I ready. I just helped my father-in-law sight in his new crossbow. What a difference between those and a regular compound. He let me shoot it also, I am sticking with my bow but they sure are nice especially for someone like him who has some issues moving and adjusting in the stand. I think its going to work out really good for him. Julie was shooting her bow tonight as well and she is more than ready, I probably said it before but range finders are difference makers. Ever since we got ours there has been such a noticable difference, it is quite something.
Below are the top three bucks on our "hit list". I hate that term but it works I guess. The first one is really nice 2.5 year 9 point that we have been getting a lot of pictures of and we have a great plan in place for him. The second is another deer that I believe to be Sanctuary but its tough to tell. He is a 3.5-4.5 10 point. I have a long history with this deer and would love to see him at 20 yards this fall. He is the reason I was moving my tri-pod stand in March already. I am so excited to get in that stand. The third deer is a buck we call Peeping Tom but now I just call him Tom or Tommy. He is a 3.5-4.5 year very wide 10 point. He showed up last January during a really long cold spell when Barry had the only food for miles I think. We watched him eat the landscape bushes 10 feet out the window one night at about 2am. Thus the name peeping tom. If he stayed on the property I have a feeling he will be where I put the tri-pod for sanctuary. Now you know why I am so excited to get into that stand.
Anyway those are the bigger bucks we are hoping to see. There are numerous other smaller deer that I have a lot of pics that I believe stayed so it should be a pretty good year. I will keep you all posted.











No comments:

Post a Comment