Monday, April 18, 2011

$200 Shed and a new name

The farmer that farms the field on Barry's property got a flat tire last week. You can see the culprit below. At first all I knew was that it was a nice 5 point side and pretty big. Barry had Andy the farmer send me the picture below and I had to see more of course. Here is another picture of it. The G2 got cracked off in the tire. After hearing where he road over it and looking at this picture I am 95% sure that its the other side to "The Sanctuary Buck" You can see the pictures below. Next time I am down there I am going to Andy's and we are going to hold them up together but I would be very surprised if they don't match.
You can see the mains are both pretty wide the brows are very similar and they both have long skinny tines.




So this is also brought me to a name change. "The Sanctuary Buck" doesn't really have a great sound to it but I thought it was fitting. I think his name will be "Flat tire" from now on. I will post pictures of the two of them together when I get the chance to go down there and compare them.

No comments:

Post a Comment