Friday, November 5, 2010

Oh so close

Well I sat in the same stand that I killed my 10 pointer out of early this season for the first time since. Its been my plan to apply very little pressure to this spot. It started off cool and quiet. Not a lot of movement until about 9:15 am. I had a mom and twin button bucks come down right under my stand. Hung around a little mom was nervous the whole time. Then I noticed the buttons looking behind me and sure enough here comes another deer. It was a lone doe so I decided if she gave me a shot I was gonna take it. The mom and the buttons trotted off so it was just me and the other doe. She finally started to come in at about 25 yards. She came out and I shot. My string hit my sleeve and she jumped really bad at the shot my arrow went right over her. Probably missed by an inch. It was a great morning hunt though and I came so close to going 2 for 2 out of that stand. That would have been really cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment